June 8, 2012

Lost in Shinagawa Station...

If you've ever been to Japan you might be familiar with these behemoth train stations which are large enough to fit a sizable Japanese popular into it complete with Starbucks and various retail stores.  Shinagawa Station 品川駅 is one of these.  This is where I had to go yesterday.  Now like most stations there are many exits and from experience I can tell you that if you emerge from the wrong exit, you're pretty much screwed.  Yesterday, I managed to navigate the subway (which in my opinion is easy) plus the JR (which is more difficult) all without getting lost.  But Shinagawa Station got the best of me when I took the wrong exit.  From the exit I didn't take I was supposed to get on a bus.  Since I took the wrong exit, there were several wrong buses (instead of one right one).  When I'm lost and in a time crunch, I start to panic so I had a cab take me to my destination and since there was only one bus I was able to take it back to the station.  It seemed so easy going back to the station that I kick myself for getting lost in the first place.  I guess the good news is that I have to go back there and I shouldn't get lost a second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment