My current apartment which I'm leaving behind has served me well this past year. It introduced me to a new neighborhood of Tokyo and despite it being just a little smaller than my last place, it actually felt bigger, and the best thing of all about this place, it's pet friendly and allowed me to adopt this beautiful face:
Anyway, for closure purposes, I thought I'd write about what I would and definitely would not miss about this place.
Will NOT Miss
- traffic sounds from the busy street
- the annoying and unbelievably loud auto shop across the street (which always seems to be the absolute loudest every time I try to take a nap)
- old everything
- really far from the station
- people throwing trash in my bicycle basket every single day
- stinky pachinko next door
- LOUD, LOUD, LOUD
- gorgeous view of Fuji-san & lovely sunsets
- allowed me to have my first dog in Japan
- bedroom on an outside wall and on the top floor
- bright, lots of windows
- the newly-built, super convenient market downstairs
- vegetable farm nearby
Today I dragged two suitcases two different times to the new place. It's so quiet there and everything I look at in the house makes me happy.
Here's some lackluster pics for now. I guarantee it will be a lot spiffier once we're all set up.
And our very first housewarming present: