October 17, 2013

Tales from The LG 12th Floor Garden...

Tokyo has been experiencing a heat wave this October.  Temperatures are reminiscent of summer.  While this is miserable to live through, it's good for my plants which are flourishing.

Here's an update.

I harvested some small beets.  (Small because of the container.)


Yellow tomatoes have started to come in:


Green peppers have come in (which is awesome because these plants were near death):


The other peppers have flowered so I expect red and yellow peppers soon:


New habaneros have come in:


Despite vowing not to buy any new plants because to the expectant winter, I couldn't help myself and bought this:


It's pineapple mint!  Who even knew that was a thing!  I didn't.  It smells lovely.

Everything else is fine.  My regular  mint outgrew its container and I also replanted a couple other things.  I had some caterpillar problems.  They destroyed 2 lettuce plants and a couple other plants are just hanging on.  I have no idea how they get to the 12th floor.  The conspiracy theorist in me thinks they put them in the soil to test how good of a gardener you are.

Anyway that's all the news from the garden front.  Happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment