November 6, 2013

A vegetarian foodie in Japan...

Hi all!  Sorry I've been so bad with updates.  :(

October was officially the busiest month of my life.

Anyway, here's some food!

I made some Rachael Ray curry:


It was pretty good.

Next I made some killer Salted Caramel Apple Dip:


It really took all my willpower not to finish the whole batch in one sitting.  I added a little more salt and a little less brown sugar because I'm sassy like that. Incredibly delicious!

I also made some to-die-for Pineapple Salsa:


I made two changes.  First I used habaneros because my jalapeños haven't arrived yet and second I used cilantro because it's salsa so duh.  And I paired it with weird chips because apparently Japan won't eat Doritos unless they are flavored.  Basically you can't get plain tortilla chips at your local market.  You have to head to Costco or an import store.  Don't even ask how many bags of plain tortilla chips I just ordered from Amazon.

Next I made some delicious vegetarian gyoza:


I used the recipe above only I added tofu.  Perfect.

I also tried my hand at soy milk ramen:


I made some minor changes like I didn't have kabocha, mushrooms or bean sprouts.  Overall it was so good and I will make it again.  I want my boyfriend to try it.  

In Adventures in Dining I sampled some food from the VegeFest 2013:



I had some fake Tandoori Chicken at Ain Soph:


I had a veggie burger at Pink Cow:


And I tried some Hot Ginger Ale:


It's SUPER bubbly but made my sore throat feel better.

That's all from me.  Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment