October 5, 2012

Another birthday come and gone...

I'd be lying if I said the days leading up to my birthday were filled with joy.  In fact, in true birthday tradition, I had an awful lead up to.  I spent a few nights in tears.  I acted like a crazy person and a so-called friend nearly ruined my birthday when she broke plans we made ages ago. 

For someone growing up in Arizona, Disneyland takes a lot of money and planning.  It's usually drive there, spend lots of money on gas, hotel, swag and drive home.  Since moving to Tokyo, I've wanted to go to Tokyo Disney which is less than an hour away from where I live.  I wanted to go over the summer.  Funds were tight as I tried to set up a life here.  I decided that I would go for my birthday and that would be my birthday present to myself.  My friend had agreed to ask for a day off so she could go with me.  I was overjoyed!  The week of my birthday came and I hadn't heard from my friend.  Then she told me she got the day off but said she wanted to go another day.  Then she said she didn't get the day off.  I never got the true story because I stopped messaging her.  Surprisingly after all this another friend of mine told me she could get the day off (at the last minute).

In the end my Disneyland dreams came true so even though it was a tumultuous road leading up to it, I'll try to forget it and remember how happy Disneyland makes everyone (even big kids).  Among Chapstick and other things I also forgot my actual camera so the only photos I could snap were iPhone ones and most didn't turn out so bad.

Here are some of my favorites:








About 9PM after we got out of Captain EO it started pouring rain which turned into an annoying drizzle.

My review of Tokyo Disney is that it's good for being so far away from actual Disneyland.  It's much smaller in comparison and there are fewer rides and shops which means fewer goods.  One bummer about that particular day was that Big Thunder Mountain was closed.  It looked like they were doing some construction on it.  The next thing I want to do is visit DisneySea since it doesn't exist anywhere but in Tokyo.  All in all I ended up having a great birthday even though I am away from friends and family and Cheesecake Factory.

I hope next year is equally great.

No comments:

Post a Comment