October 26, 2012

VegeFesta...

Surprise surprise!  I'm a vegetarian.  Though, I've never been a big fan of labels so I usually just say "I don't eat meat."  However in Japanese it's easier to just say ベジタリアンです。Or "I am a vegetarian."  Regardless and surprisingly Tokyo had a it's annual VegeFesta last weekend which is a vegan/vegetarian festival in Yoyogi.  You may be also surprised to find out that I ate and then I ate some more and then some more.  (Okay that probably didn't surprise you.)  Oh I've missed fake meat!

Super packed:


Some fake chicken and ridiculously good ginger apple soda:


More fake (teriyaki) chicken:


Not so good Sheese burger:


At the fest I bought some veggie burger mix.  Later, I made this obscene burger with it:


In case you're wondering, that's blue cheese,  jalapeños, cheese bread, onion, mayo, ketchup, and mustard on that sucker.  Don't worry.  I didn't kiss anyone afterward.

I hope you had a lovely week.  The weather is strange.  Warm and cold seem to fight day after day and everyone around me is sick.  I might be staying in this weekend as I haven't any motivation to celebrate Halloween this year for various reasons.  It makes me sad because Halloween is my favortie holiday.  Maybe I'll get out of this funk and maybe not.  Who knows?  Happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. oh can`t believe i missed this!
    being a vegetarian is so hard in japan..
    (eating out i mean)
    ok..i`m marking this for next year.
    thanks for the info ^^v
    MMxoxo

    ReplyDelete