November 15, 2012

Autumn...

I suppose as I look around that it's officially autumn.  I can't quite be sure as I've never experienced real autumn before.  Arizona has two distinct seasons: hot and cold kind of like your tap.    Anyway, here are some tell tale signs:




It's quite beautiful.  I'm especially fond of the yellow trees.  I know they won't be around much longer as there are piles of leaves everywhere so I'll enjoy them now.

In other news, I'm currently sick as is nearly around work.  It's quite awful as I'm exhausted and full of gunk.  This time, however, I found a better cold medicine and it's quite good.  Though most sick days I do miss Nyquil. 

With all this I've not felt the need to put my most fashionable foot forward and I've worn the same outfit three days in a row: black shirt, jeans, Chucks, hoodie, scarf.  Not the same clothes (mind you) but clean versions of the same style.  I don't know if this is worse or the fact that no one has noticed.  Maybe they're just being polite.  Yeah, I'll go with that one.

While the leaves change, the temperature continues to take dives.  Although I have an AC unit with a heater, it's mostly only effective for one room.  So I bought this human toaster:


It's aimed right at my bed and it's by far the best purchase I've made this season.  It has two settings 400 and 800 or "nice and toasty" or "roast human."  Needless to say, I leave it on 400 and it keeps my room perfect all night.  I am astounded at the blast of cold air I receive when I wake up in the morning and open my bedroom door.  The rest of the house remains quite arctic.

This is my life these days.  I'm sorry I don't have anything more exciting for you as this sickness has kept me housebound except for work.  I didn't even go to Japanese class this week.  :(  I'm also turning down fun left and right.  It's quite awful.

This weekend I'm stuck inside and trying to recover before next week which carries a lot of weight before our upcoming long weekend.

I hope you've not left me and I promise to return with more exciting news!

No comments:

Post a Comment