January 5, 2014

明けましておめでとう!

Well 2014 is in full swing here in Tokyo.  It's Monday so today many people return to work and business carries on as usual.  If you want to see a city of approximately 13 million people empty come to Tokyo for New Year's.  It's is a time when many people return to their hometowns.  I believe very few people call Tokyo their hometown.

After returning to Tokyo right before New Year's Eve, the only person I wanted to see was my boyfriend.  We had ourselves a "staycation" staying warm inside, watching movies and Japanese shows, and eating tons of food.  My boyfriend cooked special New Year's dishes which was a new and wonderful experience for me.  I was so glad to spend New Year's with him.

Boyfriend's quiche:


Vegan おせち (special New Year's dishes):



Everything including special New Year's soup with sweet miso and mochi and pickles my boyfriend made:


全文とても美味しかった!明けましておめでとう!

1 comment: