April 12, 2013

A vegetarian foodie in Japan...

Hello!  Cooking happy?

I made a couple things I want to share with you.

First, this Mozzarella, Avocado and Tomato Salad:


It was quite delicious.  Much recommended.

Next I made this Pasta with Zucchini:


This was okay.  It had a really mild flavor and I wish it had a little bit more of a kick to it.  Maybe add lemon juice?

Adventures in Dining continues as I was fortunate enough to eat at Wellington's inside The New Sanno Hotel (which is a place reserved for current and former service men and women and their guests and is technically America inside Tokyo).  The checks were all presented in US Dollars.  I was extra fortunate because Wellington's does mainly meat entrees but my gracious host was kind enough to call ahead and found out they would make me a pasta dish.  How lovely!

I had a Sun-Dried Tomato Tart:


Mt. Fuji Pasta (no that's not really what it's called, it's just a joke my server made):


White Chocolate Raspberry Tart:


Because this place caters kindly to military the prices are actually quite reasonable and I was not offended when I received the bill.  If you get the opportunity to eat there, take it!

Happy weekend everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment