April 20, 2013

A vegetarian foodie in Japan...

Hi all!  I haven't been cooking like crazy but I continue to eat like crazy.

First I made some Eggplant and Chickpea Soup which didn't photograph well and wasn't very good anyway.  Feel free to try it if you want.

I also made Mango Lassi which is delicious and you should try it immediately!  This recipe makes it way too thick so I would recommend less yogurt or maybe it was my fault because I used Greek yogurt.

I made a delicious smoked cheddar (from I Love Cheese) and avocado omelette with homemade chipotle salsa:


I made this vegetable plate with miso dip (it's just miso paste and water):


And 赤みそ soup:


If you can find red miso paste where you are, I highly recommend it.  It's probably my favorite miso.

In adventures in dining I went to the Earth Day celebration and ate Tempeh Curry:


It was okay.  But I also had a "rib burger" from Loving Hut that was so good.

Found this great vegetarian cafe called Hanada Rosso in Harajuku.  I had vegetarian katsu:


It was so good!

Anyway that's all for now!  Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment