September 27, 2013

京都。。。

I recently visited Kyoto which was a birthday trip from my boyfriend.  We had to do it early because the weekends surrounding my birthday are chock full of well just about everything.

I was happy to visit Kyoto with my boyfriend because even though I have been there four times before, it was my first time with him.  Together we experienced some of my favorite places and some new places as well.  It was a wonderful trip.

First we visited the Bamboo Forest:


A place new to me, I was surprised how serene it is there.

Next we visited one of my favorite places in Kyoto and in my opinion one of the most beautiful places in Japan, Heian Shrine.


Then we went to the Silver Pavillion which despite it's name is not silver at all.


I had never been to Silver Pavillion before so I was excited to see it.  It's so beautiful there.

After, we headed back to Arashiyama and climbed up the mountain to visit Monkey Park, another of my favorite places in Kyoto, and a place I think you should visit.

Unlike the last time I was there, the park had a bunch of adorable and naughty baby monkeys (macaques if you want to get really technical).


This little guy was so naughty and this is by far my favorite picture:





If you get the chance I definitely recommend visiting Kyoto.  Although, Tokyo is my home and I'm certainly a city girl, Kyoto is a much more calm, low key and relaxed city.  The hustle and bustle of Tokyo is completely absent from Kyoto.  In addition, Kyoto is full of adorable cafes.  Sad to say I couldn't visit them all.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my mini tour of Kyoto.  Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment