August 24, 2013

A vegetarian foodie in Japan...

Hi all!  I've made some yummy things lately that I want to share with you (a lot of which revolve around buffalo sauce and goat cheese for some reason). 

Here's some jalapeno poppers:


By the way I use goat cheese instead of cream cheese.  OMG miles better.

I made some homemade applesauce:


I only used 1/8 c of sugar but it was still really sweet but worlds better than anything in a jar (which I've never seen here anyway).  I think I just bought the sweetest apples ever.

I made another salad from the list:


It was quite tasty.

I also made my favorite sandwich ever:


It's basically just fry up some potato slices, top with what you see there and drizzle some balsamic over it.  Unbelievably delicious.  I got this recipe like 100 years ago on PBS.  This was (I think) before everything became accessible on the internets as I wrote it down in pencil.  I've been making it ever since.  I totally recommend this sandwich.  (If you use vegan may, this sando can be vegan.)

I made some buffalo quinoa:


Sans chicken of course.  I made this with generic Frank's so it's not quite as good as it could be.  I can get Frank's Hot Sauce here (which is the best hot sauce btw) but I have to go far to get it so I don't always have it.

I made a yummy wrapwich:


So good. 

And finally some buffalo goat cheese:


Could you just die.  (I just realized that both buffalo recipes are from the same site.  I guess that chick likes buffalo sauce as much as I do.)

I feel like the worst person ever living in Japan hardly ever making any Japanese food.  In my defense I don't have a rice cooker so I can't make rice all the time.  Also, a lot of Japanese food isn't vegetarian and I guess I've just been doing this so long (cooking for myself) that I stick to what I know. 

Anyway, I hope you find something you like in there.  Happy eating!

1 comment:

  1. The applesauce looks yummy! I like that you reduced the sugar. And don't mind of no cooking japanese. You should eat that what makes you feel good! <3

    ReplyDelete