August 31, 2013

A vegetarian foodie in Japan...

Hi all!  I've been making some yummy things these days.

First did I ever tell you about the artichoke?


Over a year in Japan and no artichokes to be found and finally one day by chance I stumbled upon one.  I bought it even though it was ¥300.  :/  It was delicious though.  I miss artichokes.  I could maybe try to grow my own.  We'll see.

I made some tasty chickpea salad:


Pretty much anything with dill is a winner in my opinion.

I made a goat cheese pasta:


Garlicky, spicy and delicious!

I whipped up some super easy pasta sauce:


Oh my was this good.  There's not a huge selection of bottled pasta sauces here.  I don't buy them anyway so I'm thinking this will be my go-to sauce.

Finally, my wonderful boyfriend made this huge okonomiyaki for me:


He made one side with gouda and the other with mozzarella.  I preferred the gouda side.  It was so good!

I'm sure you'll notice that there's not many Adventures in Dining these days.  Well it's because I'm broke.  Vacation will do that to you.  Hopefully, I'll get try some great places to eat soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment